Friday, October 9, 2009

All this for a Little Bug



So this is what you have to do to have a little ladybug land on a little flower pin. I will give you a bit of a blow by blow in the creation of a PC ladybug.



1. You have your sketch and your conditioned clay.
2. The basic can begins to come together.
3. A little added here
4. and a little taken away to get the proportions better.
5. the head is lined up with the body to see how muchhas to be removed to get the angle right.
6. You cut away before adding the head.
7. The half lady bug is cut and recombined with a thin strip of black to divide the body down the middle.
8. Squeeze the halves together
9. and reduce the cane. I like Donna Kato's method of reducing the ends first and letting the middle catch up.

And there you have it. Here is the sketch that I used as a start. The circles and triangles show that shape of the pieces of clay that I anticipate using.

And for me this was a trail of my photo paint program - I am a little out of my depth.

4 comments:

2 Good Claymates said...

What a cute ladybug Joan -- and it looks so real!

Cindy Lietz, Polymer Clay Tutor said...

It is a great looking ladybug Joan! It is funny how much effort we will put into something so tiny! Just think you won't need to do it again for a very long time. Looks like you will have millions of little lady bugs with that cane!

Carmen said...

How great to see the detail.

LoriEllen said...

Love, love, love! I make ladybugs too - so I know that all that work IS worth it!