Wednesday, September 15, 2010

End of the Season



Last weekend was the last of my outdoor summer market. Saturday was surprisingly nice. The crowd at Trout lake was cheerful and there was a good feeling about the place. When I went to the front of my booth to tidy things up I found two leaves on the table. Whether they fell there or were left I don’t know but they were a letter to me that the season was over; only one more day to go and that was Ladner Market on Sunday.

Sunday all the rain that held off on Saturday came down. Set up in the rain, take down in the rain, but with all that there was a great energy. An amazing number of loyal patrons of the market were there to wind up the market for another year.

I have a new phone that lets me take pictures – I was not going to take my camera out in the rain unless I could give it my full attention. So now I have a camera with me most of the time. I like this a lot.

Here is the Chili Tank on the rare occasion that people were not lined up to get a hot tasty lunch. It was perfect Chili Tank weather.

So until next season.

No comments: