Monday, February 21, 2011

Horizons is Over Till 2013

I'm always willing to give it a try
Horizons is over until 2013. It was a blast. Helen Breil and Eugenia Chan guided, inspired and booted us on to create glorious pendants – most more glorious that mine. I always lack focus at events especially when I have a hand in organizing them as well as being a participant.
Besides the main event Lawrence Smith did demo of photo transfer. Jem gave us a fresh look at mokumegane. Barb Alexander did a colour demo that makes me want to get right in there and mix, match and organize. I did a clay conditioning demo and texture sheet demo. Unfortunately we ran out of time so the Nancy Quinn will share the secret of hinges with us at the April guild meeting. Nancy has also generously offered to go to Vancouver Island to give the same demonstration to the Island guild. 

The Park Inn provided a great venue once again. It has one of the greatest views in Vancouver and they gave us 24 hour access to their Oak room (our groups clay studio for the weekend). Besides the night owls being able t oworking late into the night, it gave people who get up before 5 AM a place to hang out.

I always learn new stuff just watching my fellow clayers and I had a couple of eureka moments. I am already looking forward to 2013. For more about Horizons go to the Horizons blog.


from a sixth floor windon of the Park Inn

1 comment:

Sophie said...

That picture makes me miss the mountains...