Tuesday, February 8, 2011

More Inros

Inro pendants with two hole beads on the top.
I love making these things! This time I have strung them together as pendants. When I made these pendants in the past I put the cord at the top through a regular glass bead. This would allow the pendant to swing around back to front occasionally. By making a two hole netsuke type bead at the top the pendant will naturally swing around to face the right way. This is not traditional, but then polymer clay is not a traditional material.

4 comments:

Fiona said...

I like the one with the bird bead on top looks like he has two long legs!

Flowermouse Design said...

Very special pendants. I fancy the one with the duck and the one with the fish. It adds a great touch to the pendants!! Great work!!

Melobeau said...

Beautiful in both design and execution. Love the two hole netsuke "twist" that allows the enro to "not twist." Congratulations on your being selected as a PCD featured artist!

averilpam said...

Hi, found you on PCD, I love your work. I can't choose a favourite from these, they are all so beautiful!