Thursday, March 10, 2011

Week 3 – Cinnabar

I have been holding back on these buttons for a couple of weeks. I am not sure why but I guess I just wanted to keep them to myself for a while. I have using this technique on enro and vases but this is the first time on buttons. The technique is simple but a little time consuming. Cutting applying and sculpting. What could be easier than that? As usual, the devil in the details and I am still working those out.

So why did I send these out today. Well I have noticed that there seems to be a few people out there that keep dropping in to my blog and I didn’t want them to get bored. - Hello out there.

Life at the studio these days is sweet. Lots of spinning, knitting, dyeing, crocheting and such. The only fibre work I do is gently remove stray strands from my clay, but it is worth it to be able to work in such fine company.

6 comments:

slkunze said...

These are exquisite, Joan, your best yet. Would you consider writing and selling a tutorial for the technique sometime? Thank you for sharing!

Joan Tayler said...

I am thinking about writing tutorials on this technique and a couple of other things but it all takes time. Thanks for asking.
joan

Fiona said...

These are beautiful. Just beautiful. Are you selling them?

Joan Tayler said...

I sell some of them at craft markets and a few local knitting stores. I must go Etsy soon - but wait a minute ... just have to ... finish ... these few little projects ... ....

Fiona said...

Well if you want to sell these just let me know. I'll be first in line, please.

pat said...

I love these!