Sunday, May 1, 2011

Week 19 – The Power of Black




There was a plan but when I got to the studio I realized that I didn’t have any blue clay there. The plan is postponed so I improvised. there were some nice spring colours and a little black. Not a lot of black but enough to separate the colours in a kaleidoscope cane. I have never used black in quite this way and I am amazed at how it takes over – I really didn’t use very much. Better think about this.

Meanwhile out side spring is springing all over the place. I have almost got my taxes in – as usual at the last minute but next year.

I am yearning to get out in the garden.   

2 comments:

Beadwright said...

I love the black in these cabs. Wonderful!!!
Nicole/Beadwright

slkunze said...

They remind me of William Morris colors and designs. Some of the best work is done when plans have to be changed. These are beautiful.