Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Week 25 - Sunflowers

Week 25 - Sunflowers
Tomorrow is summer solstice. this is one of my favourite days of the year but there is always that tinge of sadness that from now on the days will be getting shorter.

I decided that sunflowers would be a proper button for the solstice even thought it will be a while before they will grace the garden. A simple 12 section millefiori cane and a few minutes cutting away the extra from the petals and "Bob's your uncle". Now I will have to make another sunflower cane. Hum, thinking about different colours. Consistency is not my strong suit.



Some colours from the garden

2 comments:

Liz said...

I'm really enjoying your button series and seeing what inspires you for each set.

Here's a technical question - are you using a metal shank on these buttons? is it of your own making or do you buy them?

thanks
liz

Joan Tayler said...

Hi Liz

A picture is worth a thousand words. See the next post.

cheers
joan