Monday, July 4, 2011

Week 27 – Rainbow Nautilus

This is and oldy but a goody. I have been making these buttons for a couple of years but that is not reason that I can’t include them here. They are make from a simple translucent cane. The shape is simple but getting everything just right is a bit difficult. If there is any secret, it is just how little translucent colour it takes to make a rainbow, and of course all the little things that make this cane a challenge.

This time of year is always a busy blur. Two markets this weekend. I will be ready!


Week 27 – Rainbow Nautilus

3 comments:

Polyanya said...

Just came across your blog - lovely stuff and a spinner?! Now that is a coincidence. :)

Joan Tayler said...

Sorry to disappoint. Not a spinner. Learned drop spinning so I could make drop spindles, but some of my best friends are spinners.

Kegénie said...

Very beautiful !