Thursday, September 29, 2011

Good Little Soldiers

As I put a tray loaded with a couple of days work into the oven, I can’t help thinking of the clay pieces as soldiers in another battle on the road to completion. All of these pieces have been cooked once before, and they will be cooked one or more times after this before completion. Every time I wonder if they will come out unscathed – even with my new oven I worry. Each time they are cooked the number of hours I have invested grows. I am a general in the war to complete my craft and I worry about my soldiers.                            Maybe I’m loosing it.

1 comment:

Norma's Clay said...

So funny! I don't think you're losing it; unless I am too. I have had similar comparisons on my head when baking a bunch of similar things, like my owls.