Friday, December 16, 2011

A Two Button Day


Week 48 – Dragon Skin
In and effort to finish this project by the end of the year I will have to have a couple of two button days. both of these buttons and the shawl pin were make using my dragon parts texture sheet/stamp. I hope to have “dragon parts” available for sale next February.

Week 48 – Dragon Skin
I have used a mixture of “mud” and variety of reds including just a bit of Fimo soft metallic red. I used to avoid the “metallic” polymer clays with the bigger mica chips but now I think a little sparkle now and then is okay, gives the earth colours a spark. The buttons are made of this earth red with the thinnest layer of black on top. The top layer is cut away to reveal the red.

Week 49 – Black Ginko

I have isolated one part of the “dragon parts” texture sheet, to make these leaves. They could be any colour.

Using the same texture sheet as the buttons, I have made this shawl pin. Again any mokumegane colours would work.


I realize now that I have never shown a picture of the Dragon Parts texture stamp. To late now - I will try again tomorrow.

5 comments:

Fiona said...

Wow and double wow. I want to own all those buttons.

Liz said...

Bonus points for double buttons! Really like them both but especially like the dragon parts.

liz

Jane Perala said...

I love them both, but the Ginko are my favourites. Can't wait for your texture sheet to come out.

Roberta said...

I just love all your buttons!

Deb said...

Joan, I'm getting in line to buy the dragon texture stamp...I love the various parts of it that I've seen.