Friday, December 30, 2011

Week 52 – Sheep

Week 52 – Sheep
The shape, the wire tool and the texture sheep
So here it is almost the end of the year and I have made it. A friend told me that the reason that I had trouble sleeping was because I was counting buttons instead of sheep. These little guys might not be the answer to my sleep problems but they are the last buttons that I will be making this year. Since my buttons are usually used by knitters I thought that it would be a fitting to end the year with sheep buttons.

To make these buttons I used twisted brass wire to make a wooly textures on some bake and bend clay. I used this texture sheet to give the little sheep shaped buttons a little personality. Some of the buttons are antiqued  using a little burn umber acrylic paint and the others are simple given a little polish.

Now I am looking forward to a another challenge next year. Like getting my act together.

HAPPY NEW YEARS! 

3 comments:

slkunze said...

I love the sheep buttons and the textures you made. Wouldn't it be cool to have a handknit sweater with your white sheep - and one black one per set - marching down the front?

Happy new year - I've really enjoyed your weekly buttons this year!

Roberta said...

Love the sheep buttons! I can't wait to see what you do for next year's challenge!
Happy New Year to you! And thanks for keeping this year so interesting for us all!

Liz said...

Congratulations on finishing your button challenge. I really enjoyed seeing what you created and knowing what your source of inspiration was. Happy new year and peaceful sleeps now that your buttons are resting.