Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Challenge Verses Structure

The Earring Challenge Helps Get the Boring Stuff Done

On one side there are: my business books for the whole year, applications forms for 2012 shows and a lot of general business organization, on the other hand there is: drawing, clay work and general fun work. Which to choose? Do an hour of “A” and be rewarded with and hour of “B”. That’s generally what I try to do but I am lacking structure. I miss the button project from last year. So when I saw a post on Polymer Clay Daily featuring Anke Humpert and the earring challenge, I thought – just the thing to give me a little weekly focus. So here is a start. This year it is a count down.

 Week 51 – My classic favourite is indigo and white. These little buds are topped with labradorite and little extra silver.
Week 51
Week 52


















Week 52 – My classic favourite is indigo and white. Here I have made a little table shape and finished it with carnelian stones.

3 comments:

slkunze said...

I love indigo and white. With a red accent. I love Week #52!

You must have (or have read) Yoshiko Iwamoto Wada's book, Shibori. I don't do shibori anymore, but I just can't let go of the book.

Joan Tayler said...

I haven't read that book but I will surely look for it now.

I was brought up in the Japanese flavoured village of Steveston in Canada and spent 8 years in Tokyo so much of my art is influenced by Japan.

Wanda AKA "Craftymule" said...

From one polymer clay jewelry artist to another - your work is beautiful. I especially love your blue and white earrings. They remind me of Delftware from Holland. :)