Friday, February 17, 2012

Both Sides Now


Reversible Shawl Pin
Working in a studio with two fibre artist has had an effect on me. First is was buttons, then drop spindles, then stitch markers and knitting needle. Now it is shawl pins, big shawl pins that do double duty. I make the two sides different and include two pins so a pin can be used with either side facing out. The ring is flat and curves a little in the direction that you wear it but will bend back the other way so you can get a whole different look. I have borrowed fibre to show the two faces of this shawl pin but they will work for hair too.

This is fun! I think that I will made a bunch of them!!! But all little different of course.

3 comments:

Barb Alexander said...

Clever woman Joan! Love the children's size chopsticks!! And reversible pins too - great idea.

Suzy said...

Joan,I'd love to put some of your work on Pinterest...do you have a link? If not, may I have your permission to post photos as long as I give you credit for both photo and as the artist?

I'd also like to add a couple of photos to my suzysomething blogs...and would need permission for that as well.

I look forward to sharing your work with others because I admire it so much.

Sara Kate

Joan Tayler said...

Hey Suzy

Please go ahead! I rarely have the time or the know how to post other places.

Thanks for the compliment.

joan