Friday, April 27, 2012

Not the Whole Picture


When I  design a stamp I often make a whole picture even though I doubt it will be used as a whole. My logic is that by using a selected portions of the stamp the user is able to discover a large number of designs possibilities.

I tested this theory using my Teapot Tempest stamp to create beads for 13 pairs of earrings. I only used white clay and acrylic paint to antique them. I really prefer leaving them white as a blind emboss but I want to accentuate the different patters. I have never used black to antique before to my surprise it is my favourite. Here is the result.

Teapot Tempest

3 comments:

Nola said...

I love, love, love the teapot tempest stamp Joan....I'll be saving up for that! Love you others too!

Nola said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nola said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.