Friday, May 11, 2012

To Achieve Subtlety Blowup

Blowup to your right
This is the result of a little experiment. I took three colours, white, gold and navy and changed the order so I got six slightly different effects when I used the samples to make mokumegane squares. I blew up a little sample that includes the six variations to achieve a subtle effect the works great for back grounds. One of my goals for is to work out some formulas for mokumegane so that I don’t come up with so many “hey this looks nice – how did I do that” moments. When I figure more out I will share.

3 comments:

Louise said...

Thank you for the idea.

2 Good Claymates said...

Love the mokume. I save all my mokume and other cane "recipes" all the time on index cards and put them in my color system book. It is great when you make something you love and if you run out you can make more.

joan tayler said...

Carolyn of 2 Good Claymates is one of the most organized people I know. I strive to be more like you, Carolyn, but the slop gene is just to strong some times.