Monday, June 4, 2012

First Market Weekend of 2012

"My" banner in action
Trout Lake behind the main action
The past weekend was my first this year at the farmers markets. They are a lot of work but there is an element of fun. The weather changes ever 10 minutes or so, we even had a thunder shower.  People came, bought food, met neighbours, and indulges in great snacks. Trout Lake is one of the oldest Farmers markets in Vancouver – even it has to move around a little. We at the market would really like to find a permanent  home, especially for the winter months.

On Sunday at Kitsilano market I got to see “my banner” in a action, ate some delicious tomatoes (Celyddon Farmers), and chatted with customers and other vendors. Matthew Freed potter extraordinary had the next stall to me -  I didn’t take any picture on Matthew’s work at the market but you can check it out at his web site.

I introduced some new shawl pins. I only had 4 of the newest, leave and stem. I complete them really early Saturday morning before I left for the Market at 6:45 AM. I didn’t even have time to photograph them.  I sold them all! I will make more of course but I still like the plain white ones best. I took some picture of my daughter, Sophie, modeling some while I was in Guelph, Ontario.

Shawl pin as hair pin
Shawl pin as shawl pin

No comments: