Thursday, July 12, 2012

Comes in Handy

Some years ago Carolyn Good showed our guild how to make bracelets and watch straps. I was enthusiastic at the time but I never really got into the watch strap thing. I did make some bracelets and even tried to make some fairly narrow ones. The narrow ones sat in a drawer for a few years until just yesterday.
I could not find a watch strap for my favourite watch, the one with timers that I can not be with out. Out came the bracelet, the watch was incorporated and “Bob’s-your-uncle” I had my favourite watch back in service. Thanks Carolyn. Here is the link to her free tutorial.

2 comments:

Craig Massey said...

How does the band attach to the watch?
Is the elastic tied to/looped around the spring bar thingy that a strap uses to latch into the case or do you drill holes through the case?

joan tayler said...

Hi Craig
You got it. Looped the elestic around the spring thingie. Turns out it didn't work as well as I would like. After I had been wearing it for a few weeks the spring thingie popped out - and well I and back to a leather band.
Carolyn Good has had better success but I am not sure how she did it.
Here is a link to her blog.

http://2goodclaymates.blogspot.ca/

good luck
joan