Thursday, July 19, 2012

Off to the Button Shop

Today I am off to Button Button. This marvelous little shop in Vancouver sells buttons. That’s it, buttons only buttons. Unfortunately for those not in Vancouver Button Button does not have a real web presence at the moment but I will take pictures today and post them on my wordless weekend – (that’s why there are not words in my weekend posts). I have had my ginko buttons at the shop off and on for the last year, frequently off. Today I am taking a selection of buttons in and hope to renew my stock in this marvelous little shop.

6 comments:

Monique U. said...

I love the image of a little shop FILLED with only buttons from near and far! Not for the shopping alone, but also the notion that something that specialized can be successful (a fantasy to someone living in The Middle of Nowhere, Canada).

joan tayler said...

Hi Monique
I wish I was in The Middle of Nowhere, Canada but here I sit on Wet Coast in the pouring rain. If you are from the USA - Vancouver is three hours drive north of Seattle.

All that said, I hope to have pictures of Button Button this week-end but I forgot my camera and took a few shots with the shop owners camera. We will see if she sends me the pictures. Or something.

sharon said...

Love the navy blue buttons! Will you ever sell buttons in your Etsy store?

Monique U. said...

Oops, Joan, I probably should have written "someone like ME living in the M.O.N., Canada", otherwise known as Northern New Brunswick LOL. I was curious whether "Wet Coast" was a typo or the local nomenclature... I hear it would be apropos for your climate. I haven't yet had the pleasure of visiting tropical British Columbia, having lived no further west than Alberta. What time of year would be best in order to avoid monsoon weather?

joan tayler said...

Hi Sharon
I plan to have some navy blue buttons in my Etsy Store when my summer markets or over.

Monique
I love New Brunswick! My daughter and I visited in June a few years ago. The pictures I saw of the snow was amazing. As for the wet coast - that is the WET coast. Any time is okay but you may get wet. It is a rain forest. We have a polymer clay retreat next February - that would be good time.

sharon said...

Yeah love your buttons!