Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Adding My Little Bit

City Hall at 5:00 pm



















City Hall at 9:00 am























When my friend Linda Coe planned on making a head dress for an show in Vancouver, I was delighted to contribute a little by make some polymer clay crow silhouettes to add to it.

Linda combined the feeling of Hopi head dress with the art deco structure of Vancouver City Hall. Since the city hall in on the flight path of a daily migration of crows she shows the structure by day and by night with the crows wheeling over head.

3 comments:

A Half-Baked Notion said...

Those free-wheeling crows on their nearly invisible mountings make her theme even more compelling, Joan. Are you and Linda frequent collaborators?

(P.S. that link to Linda's page seems to be broken.)

joan tayler said...

Linda and I have known each other for years but this is the first time we have collaborated, hopefully not the last.

I have corrected the link to Linda's page. Sorry about that Linda.

A Half-Baked Notion said...

I caught the updated picture (5 pm). I guess one wouldn't want to be walking by City Hall then LOL