Tuesday, August 21, 2012

All You Have to Do is Whistle

Lots of little whistle and this in no all of them
One of the reason I like direct sales, is that I can make everything a little different. I think that novelty makes things better and I am not as happy when I have to make a whole bunch of things as similar and possible. Repetition is a good way to own your skills and learn patience but it is really fun to see if you can make each item have its own little personality.

I have figured out how to make little whistle pendants that blow from the top so that they are easy to blow even it you have them on a short cord. I am looking forward to seeing how they go over at the farmers markets this weekend.

On Saturday I will be at the Kerridale market for the second time and Sunday I will be at Ladner Village Market. ( I will no have jewelry at the Sunday market so I am looking forward to seeing how well the new whistles and shawl pins are received.) Now back to the production table, this time to make a lot of things the same.

2 comments:

A Half-Baked Notion said...

This new design is lovely, and I'm sure these will be very popular at the market!

Just wanted to let you know how much I am enjoying my cat whistle, Joan. Not only is it beautiful, and a conversation starter, but I've thought of a couple of uses, too, that you hadn't listed. Perhaps once school starts, I could VERY QUICKLY get my son's attention when I am waiting to pick him up at high school, and he is taking his good ole time, chatting with the girls, etc. Or bring the church choir members to attention when the gossiping has become a little protracted! Unwanted supper-time calls from telemarketers? Supermarket aisle clerks, on ladders stocking shelves, and pointedly ignoring me? Oh my, the applications could be endless *TeeHee*

joan tayler said...

Thanks for the new uses. I especially like the telemarketers angle because I really had not thought of the one. I am glad that you are enjoying your whistle - makes my day to hear things like that.