Thursday, August 23, 2012

Play Hard Work Hard

As I have worked that this week I have been listening to Life – the autobiography of Keith Richards of the Rolling Stones. It is 20 CDs long so I still have a lot of work to do before I finish it. When Keith Richards talks about work hard and play hard it is not what I have in mind. The way I work hard play hard, I could be a monk but some of the same principals are a work. Work is production and play is innovation. I find that heavy production seems to fuel innovation. Sometimes it is difficult to tell where one ends and the other starts. If anyone ever thinks they have a creativity block I strongly recommend production work. It is like concentrating on one small object so hard that when you look away the whole world seems to glow.

So the at is a bit of a tangent – what does that have to do with polymer clay? Well if you every look at the clay table and think “I just don’t know what to do?” Condition clay for and hour, make four Skinner blends and I can almost guarantee that you will not be able to stop creative thoughts.

1 comment:

2 Good Claymates said...

Joan, I couldn't agree with you more on everything you had to say! You must have hit an important birthday lately??? Just wondering as those were real sage words of wisdom! lol!