Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Kitty Cat Krazy

Just the beginning, a pencil sketch
I have many sketches for stamps that I might want to make some day but it is difficult to decide which one to try next. This is a sketch that I drew last May when I flew to Ontario to see my daughter. I had lots of time sitting on the plane and I could not concentrate on a novel. I divided my time between staring out the window amazed at the view which as clear for the whole trip and working on a drawing challenge that I set myself. How many cats will fit together on one sheet of my sketch book? Turns out that the answer is 26.

Now the question is – Is there anyone that would be interested in such a stamp besides me? It takes me hours to ink a sketch and longer than I ever imagine on the computer cleaning the image up and getting it ready to send to the stamp makers. I have other things to ink but I was just wondering…

2 comments:

A Half-Baked Notion said...

You probably already know I can't resist cats, Joan. I'm sure I'm not the only "krazy cat person" out there!

Claire Maunsell said...

Is there something about cats and polymer people - I know I couldn't live without mine! Possibly not without your 26, either...
A wonderful idea!