Friday, October 26, 2012

Not the Production Blues

Children of production meditation – inro and eyeglass holders

Tiny two holed wafer beads – they will top off the enro
Every year about this time when I am in crazy production mod, someone will say;

“Production must be really boring. I can see that designing and getting ideas must be fun, but it must be a drag repeating the same thing over and over.”

Well production is like a meditation. Every year there are at least a couple of good ideas that just pop into my head while I an doing production. Sometimes the ideas are solutions to long standing problems, sometimes there are things so obvious that I wonder how missed them before and sometimes they are “Hello! where did you come from!”.

That is why I will not bitch about production. Maybe I will whine a little but I will not bitch.


1 comment:

2 Good Claymates said...

I missed this post since I have been up to my eyeballs in production as well. I can totally relate Joan! I too have gotten inspiration while "meditating" in production. There is something about the repetition that gives you time to think and dream. I believe you come up with ideas by actually rolling up your sleeves and doing.

On the other hand, Dave says he thinks he must be living in a vineyard though with all the whining! lol! Good luck at your big show!

Carolyn