Thursday, October 11, 2012

Panic as a Supplement

I woke up this morning at 2:00 AM and could not get back to sleep. At 3:00 I got up and decided that I would read over the rules for the jury that I was submitting things to on Monday the 15th. But what was this! The work has to be submitted on the 12th not the 15th!  Eeek!!!  By 10:00 AM I had my submission assembled, photographed and packaged. I have known that this had to be done for weeks but it took vitamin P, for Panic, to get the job done.

By a 11:00 AM I was at the studio loading the wagon for tomorrows set up. 11:00 Saturday the doors will open I and I will have my first taste of vending at a fibre focused festival. Now a deep breath and I’ll try to make sure all my buttons are in a line. I hope to get some picture of the event this week end.

pictures
Jury items, awaiting approval, I do so seek approval

5 comments:

Beadwright said...

Heee heee hee nothing like a dose of panic to get things done. Your items look amazing
Nicole/Beadwright

Vanessa said...

Good luck with the jury process Joan and the Fibre festival this weekend. Panic is definetly has a way of making work go faster.

Deb Ross said...

Your items look great, I'd never guess they were assembled and photographed at the last minute!
This is the story of my life.....I think I know the deadline but then find out at the last minute I was wrong. Panic is a great motivator for me, too.
Good luck with the jury, I'm sure you will get in.

A Half-Baked Notion said...

Nothing great is ever accomplished without the sweat of panic. If that isn't an axiom, it should be (or at least the motto for Procrastinators Anonymous LOL).

Best of luck at Knit City this weekend, Joan!

Liz said...

Yikes, you've already put in a full work day by 11am!! A dose of Vitamin P needs to be followed by a large quantity of the antidote(Vitamin C - Chocolate) Your entry looks great as do your buttons. You'll have those fibre people drooling.