Thursday, January 3, 2013

The Sea Urchins and Studio-Up Date



Tina’s sea urchin collar - a detail
The studio as of December 29th
 Just before Christmas Tina Holden sent me pictures of a two beautiful collars that has make for the Chameleon Show that is coming up in February. Tina’s work is outstanding and I am in awe of her patience in doing all that bead work. It sets off her polymer clay work beautiful.

I am still struggling to get something made for the Chameleon Show. I have spend years getting a show for polymer clay artists and now I sort of
wish that I didn’t have to have my work compared to that of  Tina, Gera, Wanda, Rachel and Carolyn. – Suck it up Joan and don’t be such a jam tart! 

On the home front. The studio is beginning to take   shape. Ray Ophoff, the painter that I am sharing the space with, has moved in and got some painting in before the Christmas break. I have to get rid of a lot of stuff, which will be easier once I have some shelves built. All is going along smoothly, but never as quickly and I would like.


1 comment:

2 Good Claymates said...

Your studio should be awesome when it is all set up Joan. Lousy timing for you though with that to do before the show but I'm sure you will get what you need done. Getting excited about the show and seeing you again!

Carolyn