Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Shark Free Spacer









































Some years ago Dan Cormier came up with the great idea of the Shark that would keep Skinner blends tidy. This works great unless you have taken the fenders off your pasta machine to make it easier to clean.

My friend Lawrence passed on one answer to the problem. You simply put a stack on magnets on the rollers to keep the blend in place. You can add or remove magnets to adjust the width. I am not sure who can up with this idea, perhaps it was Lawrence himself, but it is well worth try. Lawrence was using bigger magnets than I have shown here but this these raw earth magnets were what I had on hand.

4 comments:

2 Good Claymates said...

I know that was a great idea and I had larger magnets at home but found the smaller ones actually work better Just thought you might want to know.

Lawrence Smith said...

It could be my idea as it just made sense and saved money. The germ of the idea was planted by Deseree McCrory who used clay.
I have a Shark and still use it on a pasta machine that has fenders.

CreatedWithFire Studios said...

Brilliant ! I have these and plan to give it a try, thanks for sharing.

Elsie Smith said...

Thanks for sharing this Joan. I've been using magnets to make a narrower skinner blend for years. While its not a new idea, it's not a well known one.