Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Again with the Limitations

Let your limitations set you free. Who said that? I am sure that someone other that me has said that. How does that apply to production art? For me the limitation of pallet or shape frees me to explore other possibilities. I just finishes a bunch of shawl pins with the same shape, three possible colours of clay, and four possible colours of antiquing and I am happy with the variety that emerged. Limitless possibilities makes it almost impossible for me to be creative. Give me limitations that I can pull against any day.

Right now time is the biggest limitation. The day after tomorrow I will be driving to Vancouver Island to set for Filberg Festival. It's a great event and if you are on the Island maybe I will see you there. I am not sure if I will manage to blog while I am there but I will try.


1 comment:

Jane Perala said...

Yes, I totally agree with you about limitations. When I stare at my wall of glass rods, I am completely overcome by choice. When I just pick a few colours and limit myself to just those, then I am happy and a lot more productive.
Hope you have a good show at Comox. My family and I are coming down on the Saturday - see you then!