Sunday, August 11, 2013

Return to the Garden

Work awaiting polishing, garden awaiting weeding.
When I started earning my living with polymer clay a friend who I had done gardening maintenance with would say to me, " Come back to the garden, turn away from the dark side."

Well I doubt that many artist would think that they were in league with the dark sided, but it is true that the last few busy years I have not been as attentive to my garden as I would like to have been. This year I actually have a bit of a garden and I feel that it is a place of solace and peace. As much as I love my craft it is good to get a away from it for a little while each day.

Shawl pin and earring awaiting sending.


1 comment:

Monique (A Half-Baked Notion) said...

Joan, I think the more we love our work, the more important it is to take the occasional break from it.