Wednesday, December 23, 2015

More Edibables

A reader reminded me of a blog post that I had see in my search for Edibables. I know that Leah Skulski was not German as this post suggested but I am not sure about the rest of the story. I have talked to Leah's son so I am hoping to get more photos in the new year. Thanks to Kimberly for the heads up.

"Back in the 1980's there was a company in Vancouver, BC called "Edibaubles". The woman that originated the line was German. She made food for dollhouses out of a new product from Germany. This plastic modeling clay was baked in the oven. Fimo and Sculpey are so common place now. She was invited to a party and decided to make some toe rings. That as they say is history. She ended up selling all over the world. This necklace is one of her larger pieces. I found it in a second hand store about ten or more years ago."  
If you want to see the original posting here is the link.

AN ASIDE - The sun set at 4:15 this evening and will not get up until 8:06 tomorrow, but fro now on the days get longer. Here comes the sun baby! This always makes me happy. HAPPY SOLSTICE!

No comments: