Wednesday, January 27, 2016

A Murder of Crows

I am trying to write some thing about the fascination the we in East Vancouver have with crows.  I make sculpted crows or ravens to make into jewelry and I wanted a littel write up to go with it. When I went on lilke to do research I  found this video . Over 6000 crows make the trip to Burnaby the next community to East Vancouver so I really don't have to look any further. Working class and on the move is an over generalization but what the heck.

And is you want to be classy, you can think of the black birds in my jewelry as ravens. Ravens are are way more classy. They obtained mythic status because they were thought to be mediators animal between life and death. Now how cool is that.

If you want to see my jewelry on Etsy, follow the links here:
Whistle
Necklace
Earrings

No comments: