Thursday, February 18, 2016

Laser Print Transfer

I am not sure why this never worked for me in the past. I used liquid clay, alcohol and time but I never got good results. Now just water, light but assertive burnishing and a little time seems to do the trick.here is a test I did with two types of paper. Both were burnished, wet down and left for 20 minutes.

A. The one on the left is a bond paper. I chose a light pastel colour because I thought that it would be easier to see to remove when rubbing it away. The left is a thin but hard surfaced bond that I thought would probably be not work.

B. The pastel paper worked as I thought it would. Still a messy but you can see easily what you have missed.

C. With this one I  used a paper with a hard surface, almost like vellum and it worked like a charm. (unfortunately I do not know the make of the paper.) I will try again with a today with Strathmore tracing paper and see how that goes.

I am packing up to more to a new studio space at the end of the month and Have been a little to preoccupied to post. I will try to be more disciplined.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I was interested to come across your post. Most print transfers only deal with inkjet printers. I'm going to give this a try. Thanks for sharing.