Wednesday, September 20, 2017

GI Moment - Sophia Clay Art

Sophia's wonderful pottery and some of my recent whistles.
It has been a while since I have posted anything about Granville Island Public Market but I think that it is about time to start again.

The market supports a wonderful and somewhat unlikely group of artisans. From obsidian knives to baby hats we are together in the market to sell our wears and often to exchange ideas is even unconsciously.

This week my table is across from Sophia. Her pottery is a story of paper birch. So much can be done with shape and size.  I was told by a teacher years ago that a limitation is a gift. Sophia has used this gift to create pottery that is both fun and meditative. Somehow what I make often reflects those who are around me. This seems to have happen with a recent batch of whistles.

No comments: